816/421-4980 or 1-800-593-7948
When you call the KC•Connect SENIOR information and assistance line, you are on your way to accessing hundreds of resources, services and programs available to Kansas City area residents who are age 60 and over. Think of us as guides who can help you ask the right questions and choose the right direction. Our staff makes it easier for seniors, family members, caregivers and friends to get the support they need.
Our information and assistance is available by calling our office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you are an older adult or caregiver with extensive needs, we may be able to assist you with limited case management services.
KC•Connect SENIORS makes routine referrals to:
- Protective services hotlines.
- Caregiver information.
- Tax assistance.
- Home-delivered meals.
- Respite care.
- Transportation Services.
- And more...
If more than a simple referral is needed, the KCConnect staff can help callers gain a better understanding of their needs.
Who does the program help?
- Individuals in the community.
- Older adults and their caregivers.
- Long-distance caregivers.
- Agencies providing services to older adults.
- Community organizations concerned with older adult needs.
- Others who need information and referral services.
If you live in the Kansas City area, please contact us at 816-421-4980. If you live outside our local calling area, please call 1-800-593-7948.
The KC•Connect SENIORS phone lines are answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. through Fri.
If you have questions on weekends, holidays or after hours, please leave a message and we will return your call the next business day.
You can also send questions by email to any of the department staff.
If you need immediate assistance during times the office is not open, you can also use the following resources:
- Call 2-1-1 on your phone — Need to find counseling? A health clinic? Job training? A food pantry? Want to volunteer or donate goods? By simply dialing 2-1-1 on your phone, you can make just one call to find or give help.
- United Way Database — The same information offered by 2-1-1 in an online database.
- Show me Long Term Care — Find out how any licensed Missouri long-term care facility did on its last inspection.