Sustainable Plans, Policies, and Practices
According to the ASHRAE Journal, “[t]he private sector spends approximately $140 billion per year in energy costs and more than $500 billion per year in design, construction, renovation, and operation of commercial buildings” (112). Energy efficient policies and practices are needed to help lower costs, decrease greenhouse gas emissions, and increase energy efficiency. Here are a few practices our partners have implemented.
- Offers free commercial energy audits through Independence Power & Light?(37)
- Implemented a Green Business Awards Program to encourage sustainable practices in the commercial sectors.
- The program is self-nominating and noncompetitive
- Includes prizes of publicity, an ecosphere and an award certificate.
- Helped create “Green Think Tank” for the private industry (38)
- Encourages sustainable practice in the business community at little cost to the county by offering publicity opportunities and establishing standards
Last updated January 27, 2011
Communities that wish to update their information