Public Works Practices and Policies
Waste not, want not. Recycling policies conserve energy by reducing the amount of waste transported to landfills, preserving precious natural resources, and reusing valuable materials. Local governments have the unique ability to make recycling convenient for their residents through the implementation of curbside recycling programs and the strategic placement of collection bins throughout the city.
- Offers recycling through private companies.?(95)
- Has a green focus recycling program that handles the recycling of paper, plastic, aluminum, steel, and cardboard.
- Hosts electronic recycling events
- Purchases recycled items and uses recycled asphalt (19)
- Offers curbside recycling programs to residents through two providers
- Has 42 recycling locations in their parks system
- Offers workplace recycling
- Hosts “Clean Out Your Files Day” (96)
- Offers information to its constituents regarding the recycling services of each respective city within its jurisdiction (97)
- Lists the locations of recycling drop-off centers.
- Offers weekly curbside recycling to residents (98)
- Details recycling programs in Long-Term Solid Waste Management Strategic Plan (99)
- Offers curbside recycling on an individual basis. (100)
- Considering a city-wide curbside recycling service program (10)
- Has two recycling locations in city
- Has contracted Deffenbaugh and Superior Disposal to offer curbside recycling (101)
- Has a curbside recycling program. (102)
- In 2010, the asphalt mill and overlay program began using FRAP (fractionated recycled asphalt pavement) in the asphalt mix designs
- Currently, asphalt surface being placed incorporates 25-35% FRAP depending on the mix type and street classification
- Has mandatory pay, voluntary participation curbside recycling program through Deffenbaugh (103)
- Requires residents to contract recycling services with trash removal service providers
- Requires providers give residents combined recycling and trash hauling rate ? volume-rate for trash above the base amount but with unlimited recycling (104)
- Hosts an annual e-waste and paper shredding event.
- Recycled 21,544 pounds of electronic waste in 2010
- Offers curbside recycling program for residents that began in 2008 (105)?
- Has facility for hazardous waste recycling.?(106)
Last updated January 27, 2011
Communities that wish to update their information