SWMD Executive Board
A 15-member Executive Board governs the district. Executive Board meetings are generally held every third Wednesday of the month at 9 a.m. at the Mid-America Regional Council offices located at 600 Broadway, Suite 200, Kansas City, Mo. On alternating months, the board meets jointly with the Management Council (Feb/Apr/Jun/Aug/Oct/Dec). Dates and locations are subject to change.
Contact Lisa McDaniel for more information about district meetings at 816-701-8225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Board Officers
Chair: Chris Bussen, Lee's Summit
Vice Chair: Michael Shaw, Kansas City, Mo.
Secretary/Treasurer: Lisa McDaniel, District Planner (ex-officio)
Six appointed positions
- Michael Shaw, Assistant to the Director, Public Works, Kansas City, Mo.
- Traey Lambertz, Codes Director, Cass County
- Donna Kootz, Director of Facilities Management, Clay County
- Kirk Phillips, Highway Maintenance Supervisor, Jackson County
- Daniel Erickson, Planning Director, Platte County
- Bob King, Presiding Commissioner, Ray County
Eight elected positions
Four members from cities greater than 10,000 population:
- Chris Bussen, Superintendent of Solid Waste, Lee's Summit
- Don Reimal, Mayor, Independence
- Brad Foster, Assistant City Administrator, Belton
- Steven Hansen, Director of Public Works, Liberty
Four members from cities less than 10,000 population:
- Stan Salva, Mayor, Sugar Creek
- Ann Dwyer Sanders, Citizen, Lake Waukomis
- Pat Hawver, Public Works Director, North Kansas City
- Kendall Welch, Alderman, Parkville
The district planner serves as a non-voting, ex-officio member to the executive board.
Lisa McDaniel, Solid Waste Program Manager, MARC