Water Quality Reports and Publications
Most of the links below are to Acrobat PDF files.
- Regional Water Quality Surveys
- Regional Watershed/Stormwater Planning and Management Program
- Manual of Best Management Practices for Stormwater Quality
- Streamside Resident Postcard
- Homeowner's Reference Guide to Stormwater Management
Watershed Tips Brochures:
- If It’s On the Ground, It’s in Our Water – Stormwater and Regional Water Quality
- Brochure order form
- 10 Natives for the Kansas City Region - In Spanish
- Conserve Water with Rain Barrels - In Spanish
- How to Build your Own Rain Garden (1MB) - In Spanish
- Keep Sediment out of our Water - In Spanish
- Know your Roots - In Spanish
- Know your Soil - In Spanish
- Know your Watershed - In Spanish
- Making and Using Compost - In Spanish
- Oil and Water Don't Mix - In Spanish
- Pick Up After your Pet - In Spanish
- Protect our Streams - In Spanish
- Redirect or Disconnect your Downspout - In Spanish
- Stormdrain Stewardship - In Spanish
- Use Lawn Chemicals Wisely - In Spanish
- Wash your Car the Right Way - In Spanish
One-page tip sheets:
- Know your roots
- Know your watershed
- Pick up after your pet
- Why use a rain barrel?
- Your rain garden
- What's in your soil?
- “If it’s on the Ground, it’s in our Water” (Storm drain awareness - 2010)
- “Healthy Lawns, Healthy Communities” (Healthy lawn care habits - 2010)
These videos are available for checkout from MARC:
- Septic Systems Revealed: A Guide to Operation, Care and Maintenance
- Storm Warnings: Stormwater Pollution Prevention – Everyday Best Management Practices
- Ground Control: Stormwater Pollution Prevention for Construction Sites
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention: A Drop in the Bucket
- Rain Check: Stormwater Pollution Prevention for MS4s
- IDDE (Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination)- A Grate Concern
Check out instructions:
If you would like to use these videos for any staff training or public education session, please contact: Lesley Rigney, Watershed Planner, email@example.com or 816-701-8355.
You can see which videos are available, or when they will become available, by viewing the video check-out spreadsheet.
Our program produces various promotional items and giveaways that are used to promote various water quality issues. While our supply of giveaways is meant for members of our Regional Water Quality Education Committee, this document includes information on how you can order these items directly from the suppliers.