Kansas City SkyCast for 05/18/2013
SkyCast: Greater Kansas City’s air quality forecast
The SkyCast is the ozone forecast for the Kansas City region. Like a weather forecast, it tells you what conditions are most likely to be for the next day.
Meteorologists monitor a variety of conditions like temperature, cloud cover, wind speed and direction, ceiling height, and others to bring us the SkyCast. The SkyCast is issued each afternoon by 3 p.m.
Besides the MARC Web page, you can also find the SkyCast or Ozone Alerts:
- On Twitter
- Via email
- By subscribing to our RSS feed
- TV news
- In the newspaper
- Through the Workplace Partnership
- On the Web pages of many of our partners. You can also add it to your site.
- By phoning the Air Quality Information Line at 913/383-7557
What do the SkyCast colors mean?
The SkyCast colors let you know:
- When to take steps to protect your family’s health
- Ozone Alert day actions to help return ozone concentrations to acceptable levels
|SkyCast||Air Quality||Protect Your Health||AirQ Actions|
|Good||Healthy||No health impacts are expected when air quality is in this range.||Everyday actions|
|Moderate||Elevated Ozone Concentration||Unusually sensitive people should consider limiting prolonged outdoor exertion.||Everyday actions|
|Unhealthy for sensitive groups||Ozone
|Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion.||Ozone Alert actions|
|Active children and adults, and people with respiratory disease, such as asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor exertion; everyone else, especially children, should limit prolonged outdoor exertion.||Ozone Alert actions|