Planning & Zoning Policies & Practices
Mixed-Use Zoning Policies
Allowing mixed-use development creates more livable and sustainable communities while combating urban sprawl and decreasing transportation costs. “Compact development reduces state and municipal outlay on road maintenance and delivery of services including water, solid waste, transit, and school buses” (113).
- Has a mixed-use zoning district?(49)
- Allows for mixed-use development in Planned Unit Development districts (50)
- Has a mixed-use zoning classification entitled Residential and Office Use District (RO)
- Allows for mixed-use zoning
- Has two mixed-use zoning codes.
- City center code used for larger tracts of land
- Mixed-use code used for infill development and smaller tracts of land (5?10 acres)
- Allows residential and commercial zones to intertwine?(57)
- Allows for mixed-use in the Planned Development (PD) districts. (58)
- Designates a substantial area in the I-435 Corridor as mixed use in Comprehensive Plan. (59)
- Has a traditional neighborhood development plan that allows for residential and commercial zones to intertwine?(60)
Last updated January 27, 2011
Communities that wish to update their information