Communication Etiquette, Building Trust through Successful Writing, Speaking and Listening
This four-hour workshop provides “ground rules” for successful workplace communication etiquette. These include the importance of practicing good behavior, treating people with respect and communicating successfully on the job . . . when you write, speak, and listen to others.
Attendees will learn:
Practicing Etiquette when You Write
1. E-mail Etiquette
2. Written Etiquette
a. Four Keys to Successful Communication
b. Power Words
Practicing Etiquette when You Speak
1. Nonverbal Communication—Body Language
- Positive Facial and Body Expressions
- Negative Facial and Body Expressions
2. Verbal Communication—Voice Tone
- Control Your Pace
- Modulation—control the loudness, tone, and pitch of your voice.
Practicing Etiquette when You Listen
1. Barriers to Effective Listening
2. Keys to Effective Listening
3. Role Playing Scenarios for Oral Communication and Listening
Practicing Etiquette in Meetings
1. Meeting “Best Practices”
2. Meeting “Worst Practices”
Workshop participants will practice the above skills in small-group activities.
Business Writing in a Mobile Workplace
Do you want to write more effective memos, letters, reports, e-mail and tweets conveyed through today’s mobile devices? After attending this four-hour workshop, you’ll achieve the following benefits:
—Learn three ways mobile impacts today’s corporate communication.
—Learn two, easy-to-use techniques for developing your ideas clearly.
s—Discover six reasons why conciseness is essential for mobile devices and two key ways to write brief correspondence.
—Achieve effective page layout through highlighting techniques.
5. Audience Recognitio
n—Learn to motivate, involve, and communicate to readers with different levels of subject-matter knowledge.
The training minimizes lecture and maximizes hands-on activities and group work in a fun and fast-moving seminar.
Don’t let poor grammar make you look bad. Instead, improve your grammatical abilities in a fun and fast-paced four-hour workshop. This training seminar will teach you the following:
1. Writing Techniques for avoiding 4 major grammatical errors, including:
2. Punctuation Rules for:
- Agreement errors
- Run-on sentences
3. Proofreading Techniques
The training minimizes lecture and maximizes hands-on activities and group work. Pre- and post-test results will show you what you have learned. If you’ve ever fretted over who or whom, stop worrying. Attend this seminar and start improving your grammar.
Job Talk: Oral Communication Skills in the Workplace
In this four-hour workshop, discover dynamic skills for oral communication on the job. Here are the techniques you’ll learn:
1. Tips for Effective Oral Presentations
2. PowerPoint Tips
- Organization—techniques for introducing, organizing, and concluding your presentation
- Practice—skills for decreasing your fear factor and enhancing verbal and non-verbal cues
- Presenting—methods for speaking, minimizing nervousness, and handling conflict
- Effective Oral Presentation Checklist
3. PowerPoint Practice and Personalized Feedback
- Before the Presentation—techniques for achieving readability, variety, and emphasis
- During the Presentation—methods for effectively melding oral communication and technology
- After the Presentation—skills for concluding successfully
- Effective PowerPoint Checklist
- Hands-on PowerPoint application
- One-on-one facilitator feedback