Kansas City Regional TIGER Application
In September 2009, MARC partnered with local jurisdictions, transit providers and freight providers to pursue a funding opportunity through the federal recovery act's Transportation Investments Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) discretionary grant program. The Kansas City Regional TIGER Application request for capital improvements totals $87,761,000.
The TIGER program requires that projects be shovel ready, and be included in state, local or metropolitan planning efforts. Projects must be able to generate short- and long-term economic impacts, generate added outcomes of livability, promote safety, and involve innovative technology and financing.
The USDOT funded the Green Impact Zone and regional transit portions of Greater Kansas City's TIGER application.
- Kansas City Regional TIGER Application
- Appendix A: Green Impact Zone Transportation Project (pdf, 782kb)
- Appendix B: Regional Transit Corridors (pdf, 11.6MB)
- Appendix C: Kansas City Downtown Streetcar (pdf, 382kb)
- Appendix D: KC Bicycle/Pedestrian Project (pdf, 1.5MB)
- Appendix E: North-South Corridor Reconstruction (pdf, 2.97MB)
- Appendix F: Front Street and Interchange Project (pdf, 696kb)
- Letters and Resolutions of Support (pdf, 3.9MB)
- MARC Certification of Federal Wage Rate Requirement (pdf, 61kb)
- MARC Certification Under Section 1511 of ARRA (pdf, 83kb)
- KDOT Certification Under Section 1511 of ARRA (pdf, 155kb)