Effective Business Writing
March 1, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Does it take you too long to write a clear, concise email, letter or memo? Do you get responses indicating your reader didn’t understand your message? Are you confused about to use “they” versus “him/her and other grammar issues?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then Effective Business Writing is the class for you. In this session, you will learn practical approaches for streamlining your writing into concise, reader-focused content. You will also learn how to avoid common grammatical errors.
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Avoid common grammatical errors
- Punctuate correctly
- Write clear and concise sentences
- Analyze the readability level of your message
- Target and adapt your writing to the audience
- Add the finishing touches to improve appearance and readability
Effective Presentations and Public Speaking
March 7, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
This course focuses on helping professionals put effective presentation strategies into practice. In this session, participants will learn how to create structure in the speech, interact successfully with the audience, design and use visual aids and Power Point, and sharpen personal delivery. The course will use instruction, break-out activities, in-session presentation practice, discussion, and multi-media video and audio. Take advantage of this opportunity to develop your public speaking skills and confidence.
Bring Out the Leader Within
March 14, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Does your manager expect you to take charge and you don't know how? Or, do you run into roadblocks or conflicts when you try? Do you want a better working relationship with your immediate manager or your peers? This session is designed to help you unleash the leader within and use your "influence power" to work with others to meet your goals and objectives collaboratively.
March 9, 8:30 a.m.–noon
One of the most important factors in being a successful member of the management team is the development of your staff. Delegation can assist you in staff development while freeing up your time for more important tasks.
- Analyze the benefits of delegation
- Identify what to delegate
- Demonstrate the steps for effective delegation
- Define a monitoring system to track delegated tasks
- Examine your current delegation strategies
- Discuss which leadership style to use in a given situation
- Outline steps to manage performance
- Discuss ways to celebrate success
Leave knowing what a task you can delegate to whom and how best to do it.
Delegating and Communicating
March 16, 8:30 a.m.–noon
Clearly written and communicated job-related standards are the measures by which an employee's performance are evaluated. Performance standards should be the only basis on which performance is judged and are the cornerstone of an effective and legally defensible appraisal system.
This course introduces a simple process that will help managers:
- Learn to write performance standards that link individual performance to an organization's mission and objectives.
- Define and communicate clear performance goals.
- Work with employees to establish guidelines for successful performance.
- Build staff members' key skills.
- Actively involve employees in writing their own performance standards to achieve buy-in and accomplishment.
This course is a must for anyone who is responsible for evaluating employee performance.