E-RAPIO — Emergency Public Information
E-RAPIO, a subcommittee of the Regional Association of Public Information Officers (RAPIO), has been tasked with the authority and autonomy to represent RAPIO in all Regional Homeland Security Coordinating Committee responsibilities that are related to regional emergency public information.
To provide a robust regional system of personnel, resources and equipment that can support coordinated emergency public information during a large-scale disaster, under the auspices of the impacted and/or affected local jurisdiction(s) and operating within the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
Scope of Work
- Update the ESF-15 component of the Regional Coordination Guide as needed.
- Create a regional system to train, develop and coordinate the response of local public information personnel in preparation for large-scale events.
- Facilitate access to local and regional resources that can help with the analysis and distribution of public information during emergencies and disasters, including technology systems (such as WebEOC, HSIN), stock materials (such as sample news releases, photos and videos), and existing public information systems (such as 2-1-1, 3-1-1, and school notification systems).
- Assess the need for regional public information equipment, such as press conference kits, field work kits and/or a portable joint information center
- Build regional partnerships with local, state and federal partners, nonprofits, schools and other stakeholders.
Co-Chair: Kim Nakahodo, City of Blue Springs, Mo.
Co-Chair:Tom Erickson, Deputy/Public Information, Johnson County, Kansas Sheriff’s Office
This committee usually meets monthly. Meetings are usually held at MARC.
All meetings are listed on the emergency services calendar and are open to the public.