Mental Health and Functional & Access Needs Subcommittee
A Subcommittee of the Regional Homeland Security Coordinating Committee
- Develop a network of subject matter experts, community organizations, advocacy groups, government agencies, individuals with mental health, functional and/or access needs, to identify the challenges faced by those with mental health and functional and access needs during times of disaster or emergency.
- Devise plans, procedures, guidelines and resources to overcome those challenges and ensure equal access to goods and services for the whole of the community.
- Continue to convene interested mental health agencies to develop a regional capability to meet mental health needs resulting from a CBRNE incident disasters.
- Continue to refine and develop procedures to mobilize resources in response to disaster based on actual events.
- Sponsor disaster and terrorism related workshop for local mental health agencies and providers with a focus towards schools, children and community based impact.
- Coordinate with the Medical Reserve Corps of Greater Kansas City as appropriate.
Co-Chair: Ken Cope, American Red Cross
Co-Chair: Susan Rome, Johnson County Mental Health
This committee meets on the second Friday of every month at 1 p.m. Meetings are usually held at MARC.
All meetings are listed on the emergency services calendar and are open to the public.