Training and Exercise Subcommittee
A Subcommittee of the Regional Homeland Security Coordinating Committee
Scope of Work
- Meet with other committee co-chairs to determine specific training needs based on investments from the RHSCC strategy plan.
- Develop the capability to create a one-stop training and exercise resource for the region.
- Identify /develop a regional ODP multi-discipline Train-the-Trainer cadre and establish a method to encourage agencies to contribute personnel to the regional CBRNE training cadre.
- Identify selected courses that do not currently have a Train-the-Trainer component, but are needed in order to be prepared for a CBRNE incident; provide funding to bring such courses to the region or to send qualified people to the training.
- Establish a mechanism for the allocation of training and exercise funds and develop a process to consider requests.
- Provide exercise design and evaluation training to local agencies.
- Support exercises that are multi-jurisdictional, multi-agency and multi-discipline.
- Provide a regional exercise opportunity open to all appropriate agencies that would like to participate.
Co-Chair: Fire Chief John Callahan, Smithville Area Fire Protection District
Co-Chair: Division Chief Brad Mason, Johnson County Med-Act
Erin Lynch, 816/701-8390
Lisa Elsas, 816/701-8392
Aly Breeze, 816/701-8242
This committee meets regularly on the last Friday of each month at 9 a.m.
All meetings are listed on the emergency services calendar and are open to the public.