Kansas City Environmental Education Network (KCEEN)
KCEEN’s mission is to improve environmental education for students throughout the Kansas City region by raising awareness, providing opportunities for action, and coordinating information and resources. KCEEN serves pre-K through 12 educators.
What we do
- Professional development opportunities:
- Sustainable Schools Meet Ups – These casual, evening dining experiences offer educators the opportunity to network with peers and experts in the field about best practices for greening schools and other educational venues. 2013 Calendar >>
- KCEEN Planning Committee meetings – These monthly meetings give KCEEN members a chance to network, discuss issues and plan for upcoming events. 2013 Calendar >>
- Teaching Environmental Stewardship Award (TESA) – In partnership with the Environmental Excellence Awards, TESA is given each year to a teacher who provides exceptional environmental education to their students. 2013 Calendar >>
- Teacher Resource Day – A partnership with Science Pioneers that includes teachers sharing lessons, and science education organizations showcasing the opportunities they have for teachers and students. 2013 Calendar >>
- Teacher Appreciation Day – A partnership with the Kansas City Zoo that provides teachers a free day at the zoo and an opportunity to explore healthy planet activities and programs to implement in their schools. 2013 Calendar >>
- Environmental Education Resource Guide – This is a comprehensive overview of programs and resources offered by many organizations in our region. This is a great resource for educators of all types who want to enhance their students and children’s interaction with the environment.
- Funding Sources – Funding is often a need for anyone wanting to implement environmental education projects or programs. KCEEN provides this updated list to make your search quick and easy.
There are several great ways for you to get involved with KCEEN:
- Attend our professional development events.
- Join the Planning Committee.
- Nominate a teacher for the TESA.
- Sponsor an event.
- Volunteer at an event.
For more information or to get involved, contact Matt Riggs email@example.com at 816/701-8313.