Take the Healthy Family Challenge!
A program to encourage healthier eating and more activity for children and families.
Create your own Healthy Family Challenge.
- Challenge your child — and your whole
family — to improve on at
least one of these healthy habits each week.
- Eat MORE fruits and vegetables.
- Eat MORE low-fat dairy foods, such as cheese, yogurt and milk.
- Drink LESS soda and other sweetened drinks, such as Kool-Aid, Sunny D and fruit juice drinks.
- Eat LESS fast food.
- Be MORE active
- Track your progress on the Healthy Challenge Calendar (pdf). Post the calendar on your refrigerator.
- Every evening, have your child help you fill out the calendar for that day. It's important to include your child in this activity!
- Print placemats with tips for healthy eating, and see our newsletters for fun activities and recipe ideas.
- Remember, even though you're only keeping track of these health habits for your child, you can challenge your whole family (and yourself!) to improve in each area, too.
- Introductory flier about the program
- Weekly Healthy Challenge Calendar
- Final Report
Eat smart. Play hard.
Funding provided by BlueCross BlueShield of Kansas City
In collaboration with Mid-America Head Start; Mid-America Regional Council; Nutra-Net, Inc.; University of Kansas Medical Center; and University of Missouri Extension's Family Nutrition Education Program