GREEN COMMUTE CHALLENGE
Register & Manage a Team
Register a team
Register your organization to participate in the Green Commute Challenge.
Managed a team before? Instructions for employer coordinators (pdf)
Build your team
- Click on the "Team Management" button to invite employees already registered on the RideShare Connection to join your team.
- You can also urge other employees to create an account in RideShare Connection and enroll themselves on the team.
Send an email invitation to employees
Post an article on your intranet
Download a printable flier (8.5" x 11', double-sided)
Download or request printed posters (11" x 17")
To qualify for team awards, employers may not add or delete team members after July 31, 2012.
Personalize the team
As part of the Green Commute Challenge features, you can personalize the following for your team:
- upload photos that will appear on members’ My Page
- create a team name and slogan
- modify text as needed during the contest
Each Friday afternoon, a RideShare staff member will email a weekly update to all employer administrators for the Green Commute Challenge. This update will include a list of weekly prize winners, a tally of team points in each size category, a summary of miles and emissions reduced to date, and an educational factoid related to alternative transportation and air quality.
We encourage you to relay this information to your employees to keep them engaged in the contest. As an alternative, we would be happy to email the weekly update directly to your team members.
Employers will be recognized for their participation in the Green Commute Challenge in media releases and on our website. Team point totals will be listed online.
Throughout the challenge, the top 10 teams will be listed on each person's Commute Challenge page. The top 10 will be determined by the ratio of the number of points to the number of team members.
Have questions? Email us or call 816-842-7433.
The Green Commute Challenge ended on Sept. 28, 2012, with 30 teams and 970 participants who:
- Reduced their driving by 796,678 miles
- Prevented 768,589 pounds of emissions
- Saved $167,302 in driving costs