GREEN COMMUTE CHALLENGE
How to Register
MARC’s RideShare and Air Quality programs are hosting the 2013 Green Commute Challenge — encouraging participants to carpool, bus, bike, walk or telecommute to work. When employees log a work-related trip on their commute calendars, they earn points and a chance to win some great prizes. The Green Commute Challenge runs from June 3–Aug. 30. Top performing businesses will be recognized at the awards event in September.
Below are instructions for company coordinators and participants. For more information, please contact the RideShare staff at 816-842-7433 or email@example.com.
Registration deadline is July. 10, 2013
- Log on to your RideShare Connection account, or if you are not registered, create an account.
- Call or email RideShare and ask to be added as an administrator for your company.
- Go to the employer administration page (link is on the administration button in the top navigation bar) on RideShare Connection.
- Click on “Employer Challenge Management” (highlighted in red).
- Click on “Sign up” next to Green Commute Challenge 2013.
- Write a message for your team’s page and click “save.” Your employees will now be able to join the challenge team. (Sample message: < Insert Company Name > is so excited to be in the 2013 Green Commute Challenge. Share a ride, take the bus, bicycle or walk for work-related trips when you can. Then log those trips on your commute calendar to earn points.)
- Create a RideShare Connection account and select your employer from the drop-down list. If you already have an account, log in and select your employer. Your employer must be enrolled in the challenge before you can join the team.
- From the screen called My Page, click on the “Employer Challenges” box in the lower right side of the page.
- Click on “Sign me up” where it says Green Commute Challenge 2013.
- You are now enrolled on your employer’s challenge team.
- Visit RideShare Connection frequently to log your work-related trips and earn points in the Green Commute Challenge.
- Start logging your trips.
- Want to boost your points? Check out the Guides and Explorers program.
Visit the FAQ page for more information.
The Green Commute Challenge ended on Sept. 28, 2012, with 30 teams and 970 participants who:
- Reduced their driving by 796,678 miles
- Prevented 768,589 pounds of emissions
- Saved $167,302 in driving costs