Creating Sustainable Places Coordinating Committee
The work of the Creating Sustainable Places initiative is led by a Consortium Coordinating Committee. The committee, initially formed by the MARC Board of Directors in March 2011, forms workgroups as needed for specific tasks, and hosts a Partner Congress once or twice each year to keep all partners informed and engaged in the process.
- Jan Marcason, Councilmember, City of Kansas City, Mo.
- Curt Skoog, Councilmember, City of Overland Park, Kan.
- Lawrence Andre, Councilmember, City of Mission, Kan.
- Bob Berkebile, Founding Principal, BNIM Architects
- Owen Buckley, President, Lane4 Property Group
- Devan Case, Founder and Principal, Pendulum Studio
- Cindy Circo, Councilmember, City of Kansas City, Mo.
- Jennifer Clark, Community Development Director, City of Independence, Mo.
- Damon Daniel, Regional Organizing Director, Communities Creating Opportunity (CCO)
- John Fierro, Executive Director, Mattie Rhodes Counseling & Art Center
- Michael Frisch, Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, Urban Planning and Design,
University of Missouri–Kansas City
- Carol Gonzales, City Manager, City of Shawnee, Kan.
- Leonard Graham, President, Taliaferro & Browne, Inc.
- Christine Murray, Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Jim Harpool, Director of Development, MD Management
- John Harvey, President, City Vision
- James Joerke, Sustainability Director, Johnson County, Kan.
- Doug Johnson, Interim Director of Planning and Development Services, City of Overland Park, Kan.
- Jeff Joseph, Planning and Zoning Director, Leavenworth County, Kan.
- Gretchen Kunkel, President, KC Healthy Kids
- Ed Lowndes, Executive Director, KC Housing Authority
- Tim Locher, Project Manager, Forest City Land Group
- Wendell Maddox, President, United Way of Wyandotte County
- Margaret May, Executive Director, Ivanhoe Neighborhood Council
- Sandy Mayer, Special Projects Coordinator, Jackson County, Mo.
- Robb McKim, Vice President, PGAV Architects & Planners, ULI Kansas City District Council
- Brad Munford, Planner, Unified Government of Wyandotte County, Kansas City, Kan.
- Julie Porter, Executive Director, Greater Kansas City Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Bernardo Ramirez, Executive Director, Hispanic Economic Development Corporation
- Mark Randall, City Administrator, City of Pleasant Hill, Mo.
- Randy Rhoads, Mayor, City of Lee's Summit, Mo.
- Stephanie Rolley, Professor/Head, Department of Landscape Architecture and Regional and Community Planning, Kansas State University
- Susan Sherman, Assistant City Manager, City of Olathe, Kan.
- Scott Wingerson, Assistant City Manager, City of Gladstone, Mo.
- John Wood, Assistant City Manager for Neighborhoods, City of Kansas City, Mo.
Policy Board Liaisons:
- Ed Ford, Councilmember, City of Kansas City, Mo., and Co-Chair, Total Transportation Policy Committee
- Marge Vogt, Councilmember, City of Olathe, Kan., and Co-Chair, Total Transportation Policy Committee
- Ed Peterson, Commissioner, Johnson County, Kan., and Co-Chair, Air Quality Forum
- Kathy Dusenbery, Commissioner, Platte County, Mo., and Co-Chair, Air Quality Forum