Home > Transportation Department
MARC is the metropolitan planning organization for the bistate Kansas City region. One of our main roles is to provide transportation-planning services for eight counties — Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami and Wyandotte in Kansas; and Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte in Missouri. (See boundary map)
We work with many partners to plan coordinated transportation systems that move people and goods affordably, efficiently and safely. They include state departments of transportation, transit agencies, local
governments, the private sector, aviation interests, and the region's residents.
What we do:
- Evaluate the impact of development and land-use patterns on the region's
- Work with committees to establish funding priorities and strategies for managing the region's transportation system.
- Develop plans for long- and short-term transportation investments.
- Guide state and federal transportation dollars to projects that meet
regional and local goals.
- Coordinate technical and policy studies.
- Promote transportation choices through supporting public transit, bicycle and pedestrian travel, carpooling and vanpooling.
- Improve air quality through investments in transportation infrastructure,
public education and outreach.
products of the planning process: