KC Communities for All Ages — Creating a great place to live and age well.
A Kansas City region of vibrant communities, building on the strengths and serving the needs of individuals of all ages.
KC Communities for All Ages will ensure that older adults are valued, understood, respected and involved in creating and sustaining a high quality of life in their communities.
To accomplish the mission, KC Communities for All Ages will:
- Engage the experience and expertise of older adults and promote them as a valuable community resource.
- Convene community members to determine the opportunities and challenges of an older community.
- Facilitate the integration of these opportunities and challenges into all aspects of community life, including design, infrastructure, programs and services, workforce development and community engagement.
- Provide technical assistance to communities within the nine-county metropolitan area to support efforts to create and sustain an age-friendly region.
- Track regional demographic and environmental trends and adapt to them proactively.