Chair: Tom Collins, Kansas City, Missouri Fire Department
Vice-Chair: Jamie Miller, Leavenworth Emergency Medical Services
Ian Saxton at 816/701-8396
The Mid-America Regional Council Emergency Rescue Committee, commonly known as MARCER, promotes regional coordination and cooperation in emergency pre-hospital care for metropolitan Kansas City.
MARCER is composed of professionals in the emergency medical services (EMS) community. Members include state-licensed emergency ambulance services and other EMS providers, as well as representatives from area hospitals, emergency room nurse managers, the Heart of America Metro Fire Chiefs Council and Kansas and Missouri Hospital Associations.
Through MARCER, members come together to:
- Find solutions to common problems to ensure the highest quality of pre-hospital care throughout the region.
- Influence decisions impacting the EMS profession.
- Track and influence state legislation.
- Maximize local and regional pre-hospital EMS resources through such means as cooperative purchasing.
- Coordinate communications between EMS personnel and hospitals through the Kansas City area Med Channel system and an internet-based EMSystem.
- Research “technology options” for improvements to pre-hospital care.
- Ensure that local agencies are prepared to respond to multi-casualty incidents and those involving weapons of mass destruction
- Convene EMS organizations within the region and hospital emergency departments to coordinate pre-hospital care.
- Oversee communications, patient tracking, cooperative purchasing program, regional recruitment for paramedics, regional ambulance diversion plan, and time critical diagnosis initiatives.
- Serve as a regional voice for EMS related legislation, regulation and funding.
- Support the work on a Statewide EMS Mutual Aid System similar to fire mutual aid.
Time Critical Diagnosis Plan Approved
In January 2011, MARCER approved a new Time Critical Diagnosis Plan for Emergency Medical Service agencies and hospitals in the Greater Kansas City region. More»
Ambulance Diversion Plan updated
MARCER has published an updated version of the ambulance diversion plan. The revised plan includes changes to the hospital catchement areas used to manage ambulance diversion. More»
PDF map of all hospitals and ambulance districts in the Kansas City Region